5.12.2013

Cousinade

mousse de courgettes (zucchini) & mousse de betterave rouge (beetroot)

Sangria


Candy feeding frenzy that lasted 10 mins, at most. I had small pairs of eyes glaring at me when I took a tiny alligator gummy.


Little savoury pastries that Aunt Monique made.

A few varieties of rice salads, some charcuterie, pâté en croûte, terrine de courgette, tabouleh, lamb meat etc. 


Who made this flat quiche-like tart? Taste better than it looks.

Doesn't make a french meal with no cheese. Bring out the cheeses! All sorts!

And bread...

Finally, the dessert! The little plastic cups with white stuff in there are mousse de marrons. These little babies are yummy.


Our cousin, Arthur who is a pastry chef in a fancy Lyonnaise restaurant made these meringues- chocolate, lemon-orange and coconuts. I am not a big fan of meringues but Arthur's meringues are gooood.

Somebody's fruit cake. Pass. Desole, no fruit cake for me.

Arthur's cakes.

My selection of dessert

Cousinade or cousin reunion was a get-together of cousins on Papa's maternal side of the family.
All the sisters (including Papa's mother) have all passed away
but the children of these sisters, their children and children's children came together for the weekend.

It was a potluck party so there was quite a spread of food,
especially for dessert.

Because I can't speak french very well yet
and am no big conversationalist,
I spent quite a bit of time walking to and fro the buffet table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hamburgar