8.08.2011

Road Trip to the South: Before and after visiting The King

FRIED CHICKEN - World Famous...
Ooo la la




Pilgrimage to Graceland
Elvis Presley's living room











Adam Richman from Man vs Food is an idol of my sister.
Anywhere he went eat, my sister wants to go to.

First stop in Memphis- Gus's Fried Chicken World Famous.

At Gus's, we had fried green tomatoes for the first time ever.
They were consumed in seconds (though slight old frying oil taste), hence no photos.
The fried chicken were good but not this good: 
"Fried chicken connoisseurs across the globe twitch in their sleep at night, dreaming about the gossamer- light fried chicken at this downtown concrete bunker." - Lonely Planet
We weren't blown away but hey! it's fried chicken so I'm not complaining.
There are Malay Mamas that make just as good fried chicken in Singapore. (btw, that's home)
Gus's isn't boasting about their side dishes so I won't waste time talking about them either.


After Graceland, it was Charles Vergo's Rendevous for BBQ RIBS!
Savored, relished, devoured by my sister and mon ami.
Not a pork fan, I took a nibble anyway to understand the phenomenon.
OKAY. Yes, very tasty ribs indeed.
Maybe I will reconsider pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hamburgar