8.15.2011

Road Trip to the South: Richard Blais

Cuban Burger

Burger of the Day (Can't remember its name.)
Blacken Shrimp Burger with Sweet Potato Tots


Raw Tuna Tartare Burger with Fried Zuchini



In Atlanta, Georgia live 2 of my favorite Top Chef contestants/star chefs: 

Kevin Gillespie and Richard Blais.

For sure, we'd love to go to Kevin Gillespie's restaurant, Woodfire Grill
instead we opted for Richard Blais' more budget friendly, Flip Burger.

I love you, Richard Blais. 
Don't take this the wrong way
but your burger "boutique" is too sleek.
The interior decor looks like the now defunct Fashion Cafe,
not that I have been to one but it's what I imagine Fashion Cafe to be.
I'm not fond of flashy clubs and your burger "boutique" looks like one.

I had the shrimp burger.
I LOVE shrimps (it's hard to do wrong by me with shrimps)
yet the Blacken Shrimp burger was bland and boring.
I rather have a Mos Burger Ebi Rice Burger any day 
and it's cheaper too.
The raw tuna tartare burger disintegrated too easily.
I had to eat it in my open palmS.
I had 2 Flip Burgers, that's how much I want to believe in Richard Blais.

Mon ami enjoyed his burger of the day with a name I cannot recall.

Because I have witness Richard Blais' struggles and triumphants
in Top Chef and have deemed him as a good man and chef,
I shall retain my faith in him.

Hasta la vista, Richard Blais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hamburgar