5.10.2012

Fish & Chips in London

Ok, it says "Closed" on the door because I was 10 mins early.


It's not deserted. The cook is behind that wall and you can see the top of the waitress's head at the coffee machine.

Yay! Here is my fish & chips!
Check out the cute tomato shaped ketchup bottle!

First meal in London, FISH & CHIPS!!!
Timeout London recommended Golden Union for low priced fish & chips.
Yes, I did my homework first.
I can't just wander around London for fish & chips and hope for a good one.

I douse my fish & chips with vinegar. Yum!
It softens the hard, greasy & hot batter on the fish.  
The cod is generous, flakey & moist.
I can't say it's the best fish & chips I ever had
because I have a wonderful memory of an awesome fish & chips I had in Edinburgh
in 1997 when I was there for a school trip. ☺
Nonetheless, Golden Union fish & chips is decent
and it's inexpensive at £8.50 (the tartar sauce cost £1.50! though. I could have opted out if I've known) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hamburgar