5.10.2012

Gordon Ramsay at The Claridges

Gordon Ramsey at The Claridges

I sat next to the cheese trolley,
whiffing the wonderful pungent cheese while I wait for my food .

A celery cream soup with crayfish & croutons for amuse bouche,
complimentary from the chef.
small bits of croutons & crayfish


Ceviche of Loch Duart salmon with avocado, ginger, ruby grapefruit and coriander for starter

Main course- Braised beef featherblade with cauliflower purée and baby spring vegetable.
I could used more 
cauliflower purée. The braised beek tasted much better with the purée.
Dark chocolate with a honeycomb sphere and milk chocolate sauce.
Fancy, giant version of ferraro rocher.
 
Hot chocolate sauce is poured over the giant rocher
The melted chocolate sphere revealed various things inside-
Honeycomb, I presumed. Tasted like sugar brittle. The rich chocolate obscured the honey taste.
And a small ball of vanilla ice cream.

He's a culinary star!
OF COURSE, I want to know/taste what's it all about!
Is Gordon Ramsey's food good?
Well... it's not bad. It's kind of unexciting food though.
Ok, technically the food I ate at GORDON RAMSEY at The Claridges is not cooked by the man himself.
Maybe I should have went to the main restaurant (more expensive), Restaurant Gordon Ramsey
but it's more expensive!
Anyway, I figured Gordon Ramsey at The Claridges will represent his food well.
I had the 3 courses set lunch for £30.
(I had to have cup noodles for dinner to make up for this £40 in total bill lunch)
The tasting menu offers the same dishes but 4 courses instead of 3.
Most diners when I was there are tourists like myself coming to taste the food of the famed chef.
I heard Dutch spoken behind me, Cantonese next to me and the couple at the table in front of me told the waiter that they are Finnish living in Moscow.
I heard various languages but I didn't hear "mmm..", "ahh...", "yummm...", the international language of a tantalized palate.

I still want to believe in you/your restaurants, Gordon Ramsey
because you are great on TV.
Until the next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hamburgar